Save PSU and India
Petitioning: Govt Of India
Petitioner: Sandeep Mukerjee started on March 20, 2017
We have, dealt with the real impact of the policy of disinvestment/privatization on the national economy and on the common people in general as well as on the workers of the Public Sector and their trade union rights and tasks of the Public Sector Trade Union movement to combat such dangerous policies. We briefly reiterate the same:
• Privatisation is aimed at sabotaging the process of self-reliant development of our economy and welfare of the people in general set in by the Public Sector industrial network in the country and to severely compromise on the national interests, which is anti-national in nature.
• Privatisation is aimed at handing over huge public assets and precious natural resources which are hitherto at the command of the PSUs and also to hand over for a song the control of the strategic and core sector of the national economy to private hands, both domestic and foreign. This is anti-people as it tantamount to loot of public wealth and promotes corruption in the country.
• Privatisation is anti-worker as it will lead to severe attacks on the legitimate rights and livelihood of the workers as is evident from the conditions of the workers of the erstwhile PSUs already privatized.
• Disinvestment of shares of PSUs is nothing but an unscrupulous ploy to privatize in phases.
• The main task before the public sector workers and their trade union movement, therefore, is to fight against privatization and disinvestments and there cannot be any compromise on these issues.
While the struggle against denigration of Public Sector by the Public Sector workers’ movement has glorious examples, we have our weakness as well. In our previous meetings we had noted the glorious success of the anti-disinvestment struggles by the workers of Coal India Ltd and also the grand success of the struggles of the workers of Vizag Steel Plat (RINL).
It is very much essential to politically and ideologically educate our cadres, leaders and mass of the public sector workers that disinvestment of shares and privatization of CPSUs is a capitalist onslaught comparable to ‘primitive accumulation of capital’. That means without any entrepreneurial efforts and investment of capital the capitalist class are amassing huge public wealth with the support of the Government of their own class. This is a pre-condition to succeed in motivating public sector workers with conviction and commitment to fight against disinvestment.